Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ain't technology grand?

I am writing my blog this evening on my new laptop computer - it's a beauty! But, there are some things to get used to. Like - no mouse - that's odd since I rely on one so heavily. I will eventually get one to plug in when I'm at home, but right now I'm doing without. We bought a Toshiba, which is highly rated, but we bought one that is discontinuing and still has XP because my husband didn't want the new VISTA. I'm not sure I have a preference, but it's nice we have all the same software since my laptop is networked with his computer. My computer is also wireless, so it will be fun to take it to a coffee shop sometime to try some writing. I'm convinced the combination of coffee and new computer will improve my writing tremendously! I thought the keyboard might be a little difficult to get used to, but I seem to be able to type about as fast as I can on a regular keyboard, so that's nice. The keys have a nice touch and the typing is fairly quiet even though I have a pretty strong keystroke. I think I could use this in a meeting without annoying everyone in the room. Have you experienced the computer user in the meeting who types so loudly that people just want to grab the thing away and close it up? I don't think that's going to happen with this one. I like having my own computer again because often both my husband and I want to use the computer and one of us has to wait. It makes it really hard when I want to play a game of Scrabble (on Scrabulous.com) and can't because there are other more important things that need to be done!! Anyway, I think I'm going to like this. I went to TJ Maxx and bought a computer bag that doesn't look like a computer bag at all. And, it was really cheap! So, I think I'm ready to venture into the world with my new technology and enjoy coffee - maybe tomorrow between meetings! You'll recognize when I get to the coffee shop by the sharp improvement in my blog.

No comments: