Thursday, October 20, 2011

Favorite Things

It's interesting what kids enjoy and what their focus is. This week I had my ten year old granddaughter for an overnight. After I picked her up we grabbed some dinner then went to my obedience class with our dog, Izzy. My granddaughter observed the class and asked if we could take Izzy for a walk the next day. That night we made chocolate chip cookies together, the next morning we went for breakfast to IHOP, went to TJMaxx, took Izzy for a walk, later made muffins together and played a card game (which she won!). After dinner I took her home. I have made a practice of asking the kids on the way home what their favorite thing we did was. Out of all the things we did my granddaughter said taking Izzy for a walk! She did the training as we had Izzy on her training leash and did really well with her. She loved it! It wasn't at all what I expected, but I love that she chose it - even over shopping - which she loves. It was wonderful to spend time with her and when I took her home I also got to see her two sisters and brother. I love them all and can't get enough of them!

No comments: